Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Help! Where the heck do I get these stupid wiper blades?!

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2018, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help! Where the heck do I get these stupid wiper blades?!

I've a '16 Colorado with those idiotic push button wiper blades that are apparently a pain in the neck. I cannot fathom why they're even necessary. I went to Walmart, looked it up in the book and wrong wiper blades, they were. We even looked at every single wiper blade at Walmart and nothing. I am not a car savvy kind of woman but I'm not a moron. As long as I have instructions, I can fix it. Normally I buy blades for my '07 SUV and they work fine. Insert hook, pull and done! I don't feel like spending a ton of money, due to this Consumer Reports article which basically says spending a lot is a waste of money since increased prices do not ensure better wiper blades.

I tried Googling types of wiper blades and that was no help at all. I only get instructional video garbage, which is basically how to change wiper blades and none have push buttons!

Can someone tell me what the difference is between a PTB (push button tab) and a top lock is? Shouldn't they be the same?

It shouldn't be this hard and after this whole nightmare of a wiper blade search, I'm not sure I want to buy another Chevy. No offense of course to Chevy lovers out there but it feels like Chevy is profiteering here, via price gouging. I mean, I had no idea how difficult this was going to be and we're even in Socal so it shouldn't be this hard! I think going to the dealership for wiper blades is simply out of the question. I shouldn't have to do it.

My husband is even an engineer, but he's electrical, not mechanical. My ex was an actual auto mechanic and he taught me a few things, since he was Army and was always gone. Hell, my current is retired Navy but that's not important right now. lol!

Any help is gladly appreciated. Cheers and Happy Friday... so long as you don't have push button wiper blades.