Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Lowering a truck

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2010, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering a truck

i just bought a 2006 colorado LS 2wd extended cab. i want to lower it but i really dont know how to go at it. this is the first time ill be doing anytthing to a truck. ive lowered cars but ive noticed that this is completely different. i want to lower it about 2-3 inches. but i dont wantthe truck to rub or anything like that still want it to be very driveable. i know i can just get coil springs in the front of the truck. but im not sure how to drop the rear. or what is the best option and all that. any help would be creatly helpful. thank you
Old November 26th, 2010, 9:22 PM
CF Junior Member

The best way to lower a truck is to use drop spindles for the front and lowering blocks for the rear. Belltech is a good company that makes lowering components try them out. Here's a link to their product guide:
http://www.belltech.com/productfinder/
Old December 3rd, 2010, 12:32 AM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Blocks typically are not the best way to lower a truck. I would highly recommend lowering spring for better ride quality because blocks will change the angle of impact for the suspension thus compromising ride quality and causing the payload of the truck to be greatly lessened.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 4:04 AM
CF Junior Member

I know using lowering springs helps with the ride feel for the front but I've yet to find a company(and I'm sure plenty will be brought to my attention now) that makes anything other than blocks for lowering or raising a solid rear axle truck with leaf springs(with of course shackle kits as an exception for raising).

Edit* I looked into it and I guess I was wrong some companies do make leaf springs