Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

P2138A

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2007 | 4:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default P2138A

I have a 2006 Colorado. .Today when I started the truck the check engine lite and reduced power came on. When I could pull the codes out the only one that was in theere was the P2138A. I did not clear that code but later in the day I started the truck up and just the check engine lite was on. The reduced power was not on. Is this intermittent or what??
Old April 21st, 2010 | 12:00 AM
CF Beginner

Cool Code p2138a

Yes, this code is intermittent. I have a 2004 Saturn Vue and my check engine lights were coming on every now and then. So I took my car in for a diagnostic check and this code came up. They told me that it was my AP sensor which has something to do with my gas pedal. They wanted to charge me over $500 to get that fixed. The check engine lights didn't come on while I was at the mechanic and they took my SUV for a test ride and the lights didn't come on either. So they gave me a tune up and cleaned out my fuel injector. Then low and behold, that started happening again today. I turned off my car, turned it back on and revved the engine, the problem went away.