Corvette Since 1953, the All American Sports car, and with the new 2014 C7 model, no end is in sight.

2014 Corvette C7
Platform: Y-body
Latest Corvette C7 News here: CorvetteForum.com

Car Cover for my C6

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2011, 12:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Cover for my C6

Hey guys!

I have recently gotten a job in an industrial area in which I park my '06 C6 in an open parking lot. The security guards that patrol the area frequently cruise by my specific lot and I haven't heard too many horror stories regarding break-ins so consequently I'm not too concerned about my car's safety. On the other hand, the lot is surrounded by large trees that are hell-bent on customizing my paint job with tree sap!

This sappy situation has prompted me to consider purchasing a car cover for my baby, so after an extensive google search I have narrowed my evoked set down to two candidates: an OEM Vette cover (Running about $261 at Part Detail) or an Autobody Armour unit (Priced at $290 at Auto Body Armor Custom-Fit Corvette Car Cover - Grey (05-11 C6 Coupe) at CorvetteGuys.com - Free Shipping!) My question is this: Do you guys and gals think that I should err on the side of caution and go with an OEM cover or is the after market cover worth the extra cash? Anyone have experience with either cover? I'd really appreciate your input before I plunk down my hard-earned money on a car cover!