Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2014 Cruze Brakes and traction

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2016, 3:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Cruze Brakes and traction

As we all know Chevrolet dealerships service centers are staffed differently. I have been to 3 NOT 1 BUT 3 dealerships from 20k miles on my car due to squeaking in my brakes along with a strange sound she you first take off.

PAID $200 to resurface a rotor to get my car back after almost 2 weeks for a manager to tell me the squeaking sound is NORMAL.

I am now heading BACK to the dealership AGAIN and expect this issues to be addressed without me paying anything because my complaint is SIMPLE and have not changed.

Seen a number to file a compliant on another feed for 2006 Equinox (A whole mother issue).

Rest assured I will NEVER buy another Chevrolet. This is my 4th and LAST. There is no loyalty from Chevrolet to their customers.
Old February 1st, 2016, 9:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to say but go visit forums from other makes/models and theres people having the same types of issues and saying the same things

as far as squeaking brakes theres not many things that can cause it, more often then not what I find is they just are dried out and not lubricated correctly. If the rotors were resurfaced and pads are fine then its either the hardware or lack of lube. I've done many many many brake fixes that came from other shops or techs