Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Air conditioning not working

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2022, 4:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air conditioning not working

Air conditioning is not working. I've checked all the fuses and the relay they are all good. Does anyone know if there is a clutch replacement kit for the compressor. The replacement compressor is an AC Delco 15-22226. Thanks!
Old August 22nd, 2022, 7:56 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by mpoirrier04
Air conditioning is not working. I've checked all the fuses and the relay they are all good. Does anyone know if there is a clutch replacement kit for the compressor. The replacement compressor is an AC Delco 15-22226. Thanks!
Firstly, is the magnetic clutch working? If so, you really need to put an A/C gauge set on it to see what your pressures are.You may well have a leak, which would set the low-pressure sensor off, and your magnetic clutch won't operate under low pressures.
Old August 22nd, 2022, 8:46 AM
CF Monarch

You could bypass the low pressure sensor with some paper clips. if the mag clutch turns the compressor, and you still don't have cold air you'll need to find the leak. Don't run the compressor long or you could damage it, I still think you have a leak. You could press open the Schrader valves on the low and high pressure sides. If you have no refrigerant come out then you have a leak, The Sonics are well known for this. I found a clutch on eBay, but it won't fix a leak, which could be a bad compressor seal, a bad o-ring or may God help you, you have a leak at the evaporator under the dash, but its not likely Could be a bad condenser leaking R-134A.
Old August 22nd, 2022, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I jumped the relay and no the clutch is not engaging.
Old August 23rd, 2022, 10:31 PM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by mpoirrier04
I jumped the relay and no the clutch is not engaging.
You need to find out if you have refrigerant. R-134A. These days, they'd rather have you buy the entire compressor, which is why you can't find the mag-clutch separately.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; August 23rd, 2022 at 10:33 PM.
Old October 6th, 2022, 5:36 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you haven't already, you may want to check the external ambient temperature sensor to see if it has come detached or damaged. My 2014 had repair work done on the front fascia due to a a parking lot hit and run driver doing damage to it. After the damage to the fascia had been repaired the A/C would not work. I was sitting in a automated car wash when I found out. Anyway, the sensor for my Cruze is located behind the front fascia / grill. When the sensor was replaced and plugged back in the A/C worked as it should. It's an easy check. So, take a look if you haven't done so already.