Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Chevy Cruze engine light & fan running??

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2016, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Cruze engine light & fan running??

Ok, so I'm completely annoyed. I bought my 2012 Chevy Cruze from a Honda Dealership in Reading PA, Lancaster Ave. Yeah I know weird, I went to Honda for a Honda, and left with a Chevy. I'm starting to regret that decision. About 3 weeks ago, the big fan near the radiator was running super loud, and my car was not over heating, this happened twice in 1 week. Then it stopped. Well on Saturday the fan came on again while I was in park, when I drove it stopped. An hour or so later, when I got back in the car and started it the "check engine" light came on. I took it home, made an apt at Honda since I bought an extra warranty through there and didn't drive it since. Today (Monday) I started it to take it to Honda, and the check engine light was gone, and the fan didn't come on. Honda called and said they pulled up a code and it says its a Cruise Control issue, they said theres nothing they could do there and I would have to take it to Chevy. I called Chevy and they said if I want it to go to my warranty (which obviously I do since I paid an extra 2 grand for it) the check engine light needs to be on. So basically I'm just going to drive until something is wrong so my warranty covers it. Any ideas????

Last edited by ccoffin228; April 11th, 2016 at 10:17 AM.