Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Diesel powered Cruze

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2016, 11:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Diesel powered Cruze

I was at a dealership this past Tuesday to have the oil changed and my fuel filter changed. While waiting I checked out the brochures for the new Chevy Cruze. I noticed that in the current model that there was no offering of a Cruze with a diesel engine. Or, at least, there was no information in the brochure to show that the Cruze can still be ordered with a diesel engine. Does anyone have an explanation for the omission of a Cruze that comes with a diesel engine. My current Cruze has close to 50k miles on it and running strong with no obvious problems. Has there been any concerns over meeting EPA standards after it was revealed that Volkswagen was fudging their facts on the mileage their cars actually provide? I was considering purchasing another Cruze with a diesel as gas prices are starting to rise again.
Old April 29th, 2016, 8:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 508 Likes on 468 Posts

it not a problem meeting emissions. vw diesels could meet emission standards....they just chose to have the pcm run different programming when all four wheels were turning. When on a dyno with only 2 wheels moving, the pcm reverted back to emission friendly tuning to pass I/M gas emission tests. gm did the same thing with their racing programs in the 2000's. the best cheater wins.
Old April 30th, 2016, 9:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just an fyi even if the fuel may be slightly cheaper diesel maintenance costs more and repairs usually do to. Kind of one of those pay now or pay later situations, not to mention you have that lovely DEF system to keep going.