Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Engine Light/ Cooling/ Fan/ Break Lights

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2014, 2:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Light/ Cooling/ Fan/ Break Lights

I have brought my Chevy Cruze 2011 LT to two repair places within about six weeks after buying it as a used car.

The check engine light kept on coming up and the car would tell me the coolant temperature was high and the a/c was off due to that (which was not true, the a/c was still on). This happened on a drive of about 40 miles, which I then interrupted and brought it to a mechanic. The coolant was kind of steaming out and he fixed the thermostat and whatever is attached to it. (he had the part come from a chevy dealer)

After another 70 miles, the engine light went on again and the warnings about high coolant etc. came on again.
The car also claimed that the engine oil needed to be changed even though it just had been changed. I had it changed anyway, to be extra sure.
the fan also kept on running after the car had already been off.

I brought it to a chevy dealer to fix it and they said they had to flush out the cooling system, but they discovered no leak and the pump was working fine.

The car was fine for about a week, now the engine light pops up again from time to time and the warning about the coolant temperature comes on for like 5 seconds from time to time again as well.
in addition my brake lights stay on sometimes after I turn off, leave and lock the car .

I have seen these problems multiple times in this forum and will bring the car to the dealership. I also still should have a warranty, but either way I would like to be reimbursed at least in part and figure out what is going on with my car. These problems have cost me a lot of time and money and I don't want to have to go to get them fixed over and over again every 1-2 weeks.