Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Transmission Not downshifting

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2016, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Not downshifting

So I found a new issue with my 2013 Cruze. it is an automatic, but right after I bought it (about 6 months ago) I found that it hesitates when I first get in and go, so I have started manually shifting. Now that the weather is cold, I have found that the car isn't automatically downshifting all the way to 1st (which is has in the past). My test was this... it was about -6 this morning roughly 5 minutes into my drive to work. I was in 6th gear and as I came up to a stop, I let the car do the downshifting.... shifted to 5th... shifted to 4th... shifted to 3rd.............. car came to a stop, and still it indicated that I was in 3rd gear. I was able to manually downshift to 1st and drive away. I tried again, this time roughly 40 min into my drive to work, this time I was in 5th and it downshifted all the way to first... Also note, I did let my car warm up this morning for ~5 minutes...

Any ideas?
Old January 13th, 2016, 10:55 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably have to take it to dealer, it may be covered under power train warranty.