Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

why is everyone hating on the cruze? plus question...

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2012 | 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

Default why is everyone hating on the cruze? plus question...

ok so for starters, im 18. the 2013 chevy cruze i bought 5 days ago, for a first car, is a dream come true. navigation, leather seating, excellent safety. its at the point where i come here to these forums and i see people hating on this car and i dont understand it. ive only had one issue with the car and it was resolved in an instant. and having onstar is incredible. i dont understand it.

that being said, i suffered a flat tire the other day. the roadside assistance mechanic indicated that the tires on the car blow out easily. i want to take this up with my dealer. so, what tires should someone in the NE have with this car? thanks

Last edited by max4334; October 17th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old October 18th, 2012 | 8:57 AM
CF Monarch

I am not hating on the Cruze. We have a 2011 Cruze with no problems. 2011 is supposed to be the bad year for the car, but as of yet with 7,500 miles on it still is good.
Old October 18th, 2012 | 2:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Glad you're loving your Cruze, Max! If you haven't already checked, page 10-40 in your owners manual gives you details regarding the proper Tires and care for your vehicle. Discussing your concerns with your dealer is also a great next step; if you would like further assistance at any point, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Katie (Assisting Louis)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 30th, 2012 | 3:53 PM
CF Active Member

Not sure but I know the sonic had cheap Korean/jap tires to lower the dealer price a bit.
They might have done so with the Cruze.

Go buy some good American quality tires when those wear out, its an easy fix.

I myself dislike the Cruze, but I do agree it is a great car. Just personal taste.
But I'm not like all the others that go hatin on GM and buy a cheap foreign car with a boat load of problems to smite the American work force and American companies.