Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Equinox (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/)
-   -   2010 Chevy Equinox Raspy Rattle from the Engine bay (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/2010-chevy-equinox-raspy-rattle-engine-bay-43039/)

Curt01 December 26th, 2017 7:39 AM

If the High pressure fuel pump is sending too much fuel to the system causing the gas to go into the oil ,why hasn't someone come up with a solution ? If there is a fix for this someone please post it. It appears that this a big contributor to the Equinox w a 2.4 motor having so many internal issues. I fixed a corvette once that had the gas in the oil issue. Replaced the OEM carburetor with an after market. Too bad there were years of damage to the gaskets already ,oil leaks were the death of the 350 motor because of gas eating them away. Just curious ,when or how will that be addressed with the fuel injection essentially causing the same problem?
https://gm.oemdtc.com/6491/43180-pro...ox-gmc-terrain

Angelina Carter October 11th, 2018 9:55 AM

Driving my daughters 2010 Equinox

Today I'm driving my daughters 2010 Chevy equinox and the engine is very loud as I press on the gas pedal. Also send to have a hard time shifting from gear to gear. I asked her about it she said it's always been loud and she's had the hard shift checked out and it's always checked out ok and "nothing is wrong with it". I've been driving a Loooooong time. I feel this noise, since it's only when I'm in motion, is the transmission and the fact that it has a hard time shifting just makes it evergreen more suspicious. Chevy, since this seems to be a problem by many others just by the connects on here (and what about all the people who don't think to come to the forum) why can't you do an investigative recall?? ? My kid will probably never buy another Chevy again and that makes me sad because I generally love all my Chevy vehicles

Curt01 October 25th, 2018 8:19 PM

Wait til you get to about 45% on your oil change and the OIL disappears FAST. Like in a day or 2.You could ruin the motor easily.Those dipsticks can be hard to read also .I got fooled once when I thought mine was OK I drover 220 miles got home heard rattling and checked oil next day before starting. DOWN 3 quarts..

1badBlueSS October 26th, 2018 1:00 PM

Well, i forgot about this thread its been 4 years since i posted. Way back in August of 2015 Our 2010 Equinox overheated and cracked the block with no warning. Dealer offered $7500 for a new engine which we said no. So they offered us $300 for the whole truck as a trade in, we said no. Since then we have purchased a Subaru Legacy and a Nissan Sentra which we bought both brand new. The Legacy was in once for the gas door was sticking and thats it. Only back to the dealer for normal service, Sentra has never been back to the dealer for problems.

Chris Ciraldo April 1st, 2019 6:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tabbucat (Post 187292)
I am having the same issue. The dealership acted like I was an idiot. I've had so many issues with my equinox since use had it. The metal grinding sound, the high pitch hissing sound when starting my car (which is apparently a fixer for the air intake and "normal"), the car dies when I stop (even in the highway) which is so dangerous! The surging i get Right before my new car dies and the Embarrassing idling. I've had nothing but trouble with my new car and no one will fix it. I promise to never buy another GM again after this. All I want is someone to fix it I'm not lying when I state that this is happening and the dealership needs to duplicate the problem. It doesn't sound like it's going to blow up EVERY time I start it. But even if it did FIX IT GM!

ok try this remove your pcv and clean it out iv noticed this is a huge issue on these cars and will cause those exact issues also check you do not have a vacuum leak if something sounds like it's hissing when motor is running you have a leak in a hose and engine cannot create a vaccum

Irish_alley April 1st, 2019 8:11 PM

im hoping by now they figured it out or took it somewhere

Kris Charles June 30th, 2019 3:11 PM

GM customer service Elizabeth

Can u contact me Elizabeth I need more info on this I am having the same problem and it’s using way too much oil!
The warranty has ran out and I can not replace an engine. Contact email is kstanley81@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 187339)
Tabbucat & Hasbrownn,

Have either one of you been to any other GM dealership to get a diagnosis? I completely understand your frustrations with your dealers. Would you like to file a formal complaint? If so, please let me know. Tabbucat, have you been in contact with Chevrolet Customer Service directly?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service