Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta
Old August 10th, 2015, 1:36 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Headlight Adjustment Equinox

Search this Thread

Old February 23rd, 2011, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again for the help and information. Now that I know where and what it is I can access the adjustment wheel without having to remove anything, although I may have to loosen and re tighten the wheel after the adjustment is made and there is access for that as well.
Old April 13th, 2011, 5:59 PM
CF Beginner

New here, but great info. We just got a great deal on an '08 Sport. All was well until we drove it at night. SO I had my wife drive behind me and I was nearly blinded. Couldn't figure out the adjusters that I stumbled in here. After you look, its obvious, but until you know where to look its impossible.

Thanks!!!
Old May 9th, 2011, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for all the info,ralenzen
Old June 11th, 2011, 10:06 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info, I replaced my headlights and needed the adjustment!! BTW this SUV has a lot of design issues!!! Removing (well almost) the front grill to change the headlights, the cup holder in the way of the emergency brake handle, a riveted pcv valve. What else????
Old June 12th, 2011, 7:45 AM
CF Active Member

The only bulb you can change without pulling the headlight assembly is the small amber colored one on top. And it's kind of a pain in the butt too. I kept the old, leaky headlight I had to replace on mine. I'll look at it later and study the adjustment screws. I haven't driven mine after dark yet to know if I need to adjust the new one or not.
Old June 14th, 2011, 9:35 PM
CF Active Member

I have to agree with you, silverequinox. What were the design engineers thinking, or smoking would be a better question? I managed to adjust my headlights, but could not do it with a #2 Phillips head screwdriver. I had to remove the four 10mm grille bolts along with the four plastic push pins in the grille and then was able to get a 1/4" wrench with a 10mm socket on the adjuster and get it done. This took me about a half hour to do from start to finish. They may need tweaking a little more, but now that I know what to do , it shouldn't be such a pain in the butt. What a crappy design!!
Old October 6th, 2011, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

I had been trying for 3 years to find out how to adjust the headlights. Thanks very much.
The adjusting screws turned very easily, is that normal or should I tighten them up with the bolt head??? Thanks
Old October 12th, 2011, 8:50 PM
CF Junior Member

I actually called my local dealership with questions on how to align my headlights. The service department handed me over to the body shop who told me that there was a screw accessable from the top of the headlight. So glad I found this forum.
Old October 13th, 2011, 7:05 AM
CF Beginner

Hi Ruley

Does this headlight adjustment also work on a 2008 Chevy Equinox?
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:05 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mary Heermans
Hi Ruley

Does this headlight adjustment also work on a 2008 Chevy Equinox?
Yes, it works for all 2005-2009 Chevy Equinox. The Pontiac Torrent probably is the same too.

Quick Reply: Headlight Adjustment Equinox