Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Oil in my pcv hose am i SOL

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2018, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil in my pcv hose am i SOL

2010 nox v6 129000 miles it’s a repo I bought at an auction I put 15k miles on it since i bought it in August I uber part time and I’m dad the taxi all the time. I jus had the plugs changed before a holiday road tripped I used champion platinum plugs now my check engine light is flashing but their was oil in my pcv valve hose I broke it by accident. I also had oil in the section that connects to the air filter not oil in the air filter what’s going on I think the engine was replaced because there was a little note in the manual stating “new engine 101k miles” I think I need to use the oem plugs my buddy who did the sparks is saying it’s that pcv area incorrect air flow what should I do my coil boots look fine btw

Last edited by Smokey's Flip phone; November 20th, 2018 at 3:47 PM. Reason: Missing info
Old November 20th, 2018, 6:56 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey's Flip phone
2010 nox v6 129000 miles it’s a repo I bought at an auction I put 15k miles on it since i bought it in August I uber part time and I’m dad the taxi all the time. I jus had the plugs changed before a holiday road tripped I used champion platinum plugs now my check engine light is flashing but their was oil in my pcv valve hose I broke it by accident. I also had oil in the section that connects to the air filter not oil in the air filter what’s going on I think the engine was replaced because there was a little note in the manual stating “new engine 101k miles” I think I need to use the oem plugs my buddy who did the sparks is saying it’s that pcv area incorrect air flow what should I do my coil boots look fine btw
Well breaking the PCV hose/tube would release oil fumes to atmo, so I doubt the oil in your filter to throttle body tube is the real issue. Sounds like you might have excessive oil internal pressure from worn piston ringsor a bad piston or valve issues.

Perhaps your PCV valve was not working or was carbonized and the oil fumes were backing up into the other PCV hose that goes from the top of your engine, and get sucked into the throttle body before the air filter. This is why the MAP sensor is near the air filter, because engine oil fumes would destroy it..

You are going to have to have to do a cylinder leak-down pressure test to find out if you have an issue with combustion chamber fumes that are pressurizing your motor too much, and you should have been seeing a loss of power and gas mileage, and likely burning oil, if so. That your motor was replaced so soon is not a good sign at all as well. Modern engines will double that mileage easy these days unless owners don’t do any proper maintenance on them. .