Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2018, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!!

Was driving fine then when I pulled off an exit my dash said engine was overheating and the lowered my power to a crawl. Gauge was in the red. I pulled over, popped the hood. No smoke, no steam, wasn’t even very hot to touch. I waited about 5-10 min intervals trying to restart just to be sure it would and the engine seemed to have a harder and harder time till it finally was unresponsive. I took the key out and my gauges started jumping and flashing with the key out. I put the key in and tried starting again and it was completely dead and keys were locked in the ignition. The gauges continued to jump every few seconds for another 5-10 min then completely dead. Not even hazards would work. I replaced the battery after having it towed and it’s starting again. I have noticed a sloshing sound when I accelerate for the first time after a few hours of not running and at one point saw water come in from the ceiling at the windshield on the inside but could never find a source. I’m trying to be as detailed as possible so I’m sorry so lengthy. Please someone help.