Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Service Stabilitrak and Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2018, 9:44 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Stabilitrak and Check Engine Light

I have a 2016 Chevy equinox. we have had negative outside temps lately and a couple days ago I started my car and it told me to shut it down due to low oil pressure. I called someone to come look at it and they came later in the day when the temps warmed up and it worked fine they said my oil might have thicken due to the temps and I should switch to 0w30 oil and let my car warm up a bit longer before trying to drive it because of this well I have an apt for that but this morning I started my car to warm it up, I let it warm up for about a 1/2 hr. when I went out to my car and leave it was saying service stabilitrak and check engine light was on and saying engine power reduced. I turned my car off and back on and the stabilitrak light went off and so did the engine power reduced light but the check engine light was still on. the car drove fine and didn't feel like there was a losss in power. could this be due to the engine oil problem or do you think its something else. ( I was inside while car was wr=arming up so im not sure if the warning to shut car down came on either and i missed it but it didn't say when i came out)
Old January 15th, 2018, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I have a 2015 Equinox and Had a very similar Problem with The Cold Snap last Monday in Ontario and at the dealership today I was Told my Accelerator Pedal Was Shorted and Its Not covered Under Powertrain and i am paying 424 dollars to fix it as we speak. So I recommend you get it to your dealer under warranty if u can.