Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

05 CD loading

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2011, 8:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 CD loading

I've had my '05 for a couple months now. I know these radios are notorious for the CD part not working and in fact when I was first looking at it, the installed unit had had the CD slot completely blocked by the previous owner, apparently because it wasn't working. The dealer replaced it for me when I bought it, obviously not with a brand-new one. It's the regular non-mp3 single CD unit.

The annoying thing about it is feeding the CD into the slot. Most of the time it doesn't feed far enough -- it feeds in past where you can reach it, just not all the way -- and it ejects the CD. Sometimes if you're quick you can stick something in the slot to push it far enough to load (you only get a second before it decides it's a misload). If I try to hold the cd up toward the top of the slot while it loads and give it a good shove rather than letting it feed on its own accord it seems to have the best chance of loading.

Just wondered if this is a common problem that can be helped with a little WD40 or graphite applied in the right place or something :-)