Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

06 Equinox

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2013, 3:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Equinox

Hello, I have a 05 Equinox LT. My wife was driving it earlier in the rain and due to oncoming traffic, she had to drive through a few very large rain puddles on her way to my work. She said the water went over the roof of the car once. As she was pulling into my work and going up a hill in the parking the TC light, engine light, and a light of an engine with an arrow above it came on as well. I guess this is the stabilitrack light. The car was still on but was unable to accelerate at all. The RPM's would only go to about 1.5k-2k when rev'd and the car would actually only move in reverse (and not very well at that). I tried shutting the car off and restarting but the same lights would come on and acceleration was not possible. I ended up having to drive down the hill, cross a busy street into a neighborhood, turn the car around, and drive back up the hill in reverse into the parking lot. While I was writing all of this, she just came in and told me it is working now. I'm guess the water shorted something out maybe? I'd still like to get an idea of what maybe happened. We will be avoiding water puddles from here on out if possible. Thanks!
Old August 23rd, 2013, 8:48 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

I'd guess some water got where it shouldn't have and/or your spark plug wires are bad. I once drove through a puddle of water 8" deep and about 40 feet long at about 35 MPH multiple times without any trouble. It was fun and water went way over the roof.