Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

06 Equinox What is this cable behind the tire jack?

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2023, 1:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Equinox What is this cable behind the tire jack?

Im trying to locate the place where the XM module would be installed and install an eBay unit. When I access the rear trunk panel where it should be and I remove the jack, this single cable is sitting there. Is this for the XM Antenna? It does not seem to match the pics that I see on the web. What is this cable for?

Old May 13th, 2023, 2:54 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tayya
Im trying to locate the place where the XM module would be installed and install an eBay unit. When I access the rear trunk panel where it should be and I remove the jack, this single cable is sitting there. Is this for the XM Antenna? It does not seem to match the pics that I see on the web. What is this cable for?

That connector is for the trailer connector adapter harness. If your Equinox was equipped with the trailering package (option V92), there would be a harness (item 1 in the picture below) connected to that which would go out to the rear for connecting trailer lights.

​​​​​​
You need to remove the left rear quarter panel to gain access to the XM receiver's mounting provisions. See picture below.

Last edited by ruley73; May 13th, 2023 at 3:00 PM.