Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 Equinox Radio/CD/Sound System

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2021, 10:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ruley73
The grille that you see on the rear right quarter panel isn't removable. You'll need to pull that panel off. Once you have access to the subwoofer enclosure, you should be able remove the driver itself. The OEM subwoofer is an 8" dual voice coil design. Each coil has a nominal impedance of 2 ohms. I'm unsure of the wattage rating, but 120 watts sounds about right.
So it just pulls off, no screws? Thank you!
Old December 3rd, 2021, 8:41 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

When I purchased my 2008 Nox LS new I noticed the radio was weak. I went to different stereo shops and all of them wanted to replace radio and speakers for $1000+. I contacted Crutchfield in California and they claimed changing the radio was not needed. I purchased a 350 w amp and 4 speakers for $350. I installed amp under rear seat and replaced the larger door speakers. I disconnected the small door speakers per their instructions. Was a bit of work but it sounds great. They provided all installation instructions and have a great customer support system. The only negative is the chimes and turn signals are a bit loud but you get used to it. A friend of mine stated it would have been easier to purchase a hearing aid!!