Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 nox squeaky steering when fully turned to right

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2012, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 nox squeaky steering when fully turned to right

i have a 2005 nox LT AWD, car is great, very satisfied with it, the only thing is, when i fully turn to the right, turing steering wheel to the right, when its almost fully turned with maybe half a turn left, the steering rack will start to squeak like its dry of grease or something. i tried to find a great nipple of some sort but nada. is there a fix? any one had this problem? do i need a whole new rack? its not bother some but would love to get this fix. thanks =D
Old May 5th, 2012, 2:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> vrd^don,

I have researched your vehicle, however, was unable to find any known steering issues that fit your description for 2005 Equinox vehicles.

If you would like, send me your VIN number (PM if you prefer), and I can check to see if any additional information is available.

I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician. They will be able to offer amore information after a physical inspection of the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service