Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Chevy equinox

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2022, 8:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Chevy equinox

Hey all, just looking for some info, recently bought and AWD LT model, drove it home no problems.
next day abs light and TC light are on, I’m a mechanic myself, just curious if the AWD system will still function besides abs and TC? Obviously the abs and TC won’t but do all 4 tires still spin or does it kick it into front wheel drive?
no light indicating that it’s in front wheel drive but just curious thanks!
Old October 26th, 2022, 8:14 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mack Unland
Hey all, just looking for some info, recently bought and AWD LT model, drove it home no problems.
next day abs light and TC light are on, I’m a mechanic myself, just curious if the AWD system will still function besides abs and TC? Obviously the abs and TC won’t but do all 4 tires still spin or does it kick it into front wheel drive?
no light indicating that it’s in front wheel drive but just curious thanks!
It may depend on what the exact fault related to ABS & traction control is, but I would assume the answer is no. The AWD system in the Equinox and many other model is reactive. This means that no power is transferred to the rear wheels until wheel slippage is detected with the front wheels. The ABS wheel speed sensors are used to detect said slippage. Therefore, if the ABS isn't functional than AWD probably isn't functional either.