Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2006 Equinox EGR Tube

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2016, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Equinox EGR Tube

About 2 weeks now, I noticed my suv has using a lot of fuel and I started smelling something funny. I see that my EGR tube has cracks in it. How can I find the right tube? I've talked to someone at the auto parts store and they said that I need to make sure I have the right one because of a retro model. How can I tell?
Old January 29th, 2016, 6:05 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

You need to see which EGR valve you have. The easiest way to tell is that the plug for the original design (Delphi) points downward and connects vertically. The plug for the revised design (Siemens) connects horizontally and plugs in sideways. I've linked the related TSB which has pictures and other useful information.

If you need the tube for the original design then you'll need to find one from a junk yard or install the retrofit kit (GM/AC Delco part number 89018176) which includes the revised EGR valve, gaskets, connector, and tube. The tube for the original design has been discontinued.