Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Chevy equinox stabilitrack and transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2021, 9:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy equinox stabilitrack and transmission issues

Having issues with the transmission it often slips and pulls. At one point at a stop light it feels like it's wants to die then a slam then a pull. Doesn't happen when you turn it off for 5-10 mins then it runs fine. Today I was having the slip tugging and pulling feeling then when I get home the stabilitrack light comes on along with the check engine light. Anyone have any ideas about this problem. Thanks
Old July 9th, 2021, 7:09 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by R Abril
Having issues with the transmission it often slips and pulls. At one point at a stop light it feels like it's wants to die then a slam then a pull. Doesn't happen when you turn it off for 5-10 mins then it runs fine. Today I was having the slip tugging and pulling feeling then when I get home the stabilitrack light comes on along with the check engine light. Anyone have any ideas about this problem. Thanks
Get the codes scanned and go from there. Without knowing anything else, I'd make sure make sure the front brakes aren't sticking. If the front brake hoses have never been replaced, they're probably bad and causing your calipers not to release like they should. This is a VERY common problem, but doesn't usually cause the Stabilitrak warning message.
Old July 9th, 2021, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response, last night turned it on and no stabilitrack warning, but the the check engine light was still on especially this morning going to work. Fast forward to lunch when I'm trying to go to AutoZone there was no more check engine either. Besides the constant slippage from the trans every now and then nothing came back.. could it be electrical or a fuse? Or even a the control module of some sort?

Originally Posted by ruley73
Get the codes scanned and go from there. Without knowing anything else, I'd make sure make sure the front brakes aren't sticking. If the front brake hoses have never been replaced, they're probably bad and causing your calipers not to release like they should. This is a VERY common problem, but doesn't usually cause the Stabilitrak warning message.
Old July 11th, 2021, 10:25 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by R Abril
Thanks for the response, last night turned it on and no stabilitrack warning, but the the check engine light was still on especially this morning going to work. Fast forward to lunch when I'm trying to go to AutoZone there was no more check engine either. Besides the constant slippage from the trans every now and then nothing came back.. could it be electrical or a fuse? Or even a the control module of some sort?
How many miles are on it? Is it AWD or just FWD?
Have you ever changed the transmission fluid?
Have you inspected the transmission cooler lines for leaks? They commonly fail on these vehicles. If it's been leaking for a while, your transmission could just be low on fluid.

It's hard to say what the cause is. A bad control module/computer is unlikely. They rarely go bad on these vehicles. Your transmission issue could be separate from the Stabilitrak issue too. You need a good scan tool to see codes that would cause the Stabilitrak message/light.