Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Equinox

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2007, 2:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Equinox

I traded in my Trailblazer for a new Equinox, but the jury still out on which one I like better.I havea few annoying issuesI would love to hear if anyone else has the same problems. The front windows do not go down all the way.They stay up approx. 1/2 inch making it just uncomfortable enough to put your arm out. Mufflers seems louder than it should be. The back of the front seats are difficult to adjust with the side lever. And lastly when you are using cruise control and want to tap the brake pedal to turn it off you have to put alot more pressure than I ever did in my Trailblazer or any other car I have owned. Thanks for any input.
Old May 11th, 2007, 3:04 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 2007 Equinox

the window thing is something wrong..should go down all the way, the muffler is the engine it is a 3.4 or 3.5 your old Tblazer was a inline 6,4.2 and much larger vehicle, the 3.4 and 3.5 are very growly and you dont have as much sound deadening in the equinox. dont know what you mean on the seat thing, the seat folds forward all the way, and is a bit awkard to get back up but gives you lots of space, as far as reclining maybe its sticking.....and the Brakes the Equinox uses dual piston calipers...there is 2 pistons pushing hte pads on either end the Tblazer uses one in the center of the pad....the Equinox takesmore force to apply the brakes but stop a hell of a lot quicker....look for yourself you will see to black spots on either side of the brake pad, most other use 1 piston in the center as did GM, 2 stop better and disperses the force evenly, did you know your third brake light comes on half a second before the others......why people are looking directly at you center when behind you and they see the LED third brake light first. they stop quicker behind you as well.

hopes this helps out a bit.
Old June 16th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Banned

I wasn't aware that the TB had a single piston, while the Nox has two. Two is definitely better. High-performance calipers have 4 or more.
Old November 20th, 2007, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

Traded my 2001 S-10 Crew for an 07 Nox for my wife. The rear hatch lifts don't lift the gate, the upholstery is coming off the right rear passenger seat. We had a real problem locking with the remote in a rainstorm, and have had one traction system warning. The electrical problems rectified after stopping and restarting. I think Chevy is working too hard to cheapen it's vehicles. A real lack of quality. My 06 HHR has had problems too. Almost considering going back to Ford.