Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Equinox Camshaft/Timing Solenoid?

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2018, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2007 Equinox Camshaft/Timing Solenoid?

Hey Everyone,

Thanks again for that help last time with my ABS system. Skidding out on a gravel road did the trick.

So this week my car is having a new, bigger problem. It will drive fine for a while, then, usually after stopping at a light, the stability control system will give warning messages and the car will have no power. Giving is gas moves it forward at maybe 1 to 2 MPH. But if you turn the car off for bit (5 to 10 minutes) it goes back to driving normally. I can also drop it into L and drive in that gear, which I usually do just to get it off the road, etc.

The error codes I\m getting are:

P0700
P0340
P0741

I changed out the Camshaft Position Sensor, but that didn't fix anything. In fact, the same P0340 Camshaft Sensor error came right back after about 10 minutes of driving.

I talked to my mechanic and he seemed to think it was something that I could fix myself. He explained that when the P0340 error comes on, it usually means something else. I thought he said that it was the camshaft solenoid. (He said it was on the side of the engine). I tried to buy one and replace it but autozone sold me the wrong part. Also, I haven't been able to find much on youtube/google about this error. Is there anyone here that can point me in the right direction? I seem to be having misfire/timing problems. Is there some other name for the solenoid I should be replacing? Can anyone tell me where it is located?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree here, is it something else entirely?

Thanks in advance for the help, you guys are always great!