Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 equinox heating problem

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2021, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigsike
Was your also overheating too? I'll check the hose as it's about the only thing that's not replaced.
Nope... Wasn't overheating at all. I just only had heat while accelerating.
Old March 31st, 2021, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hope this helps

Originally Posted by Bigsike
Was your also overheating too? I'll check the hose as it's about the only thing that's not replaced.
My 08 was over heating changed the water pump loosened the bleeder screw at the top of the water pump turned the heater on full blast revved the engine a few times tightened the bleeder screw then repeated one more time haven’t had no more over heating problems.

Bleeder screw
Old August 16th, 2021, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Imme04
My 08 was over heating changed the water pump loosened the bleeder screw at the top of the water pump turned the heater on full blast revved the engine a few times tightened the bleeder screw then repeated one more time haven’t had no more over heating problems.

Bleeder screw
Since doing this, have you had any more issues?
Old December 26th, 2022, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Chevy equinox

After replacing thermostat, water pump, reservoir tank and cap, radiator and heater core the car is still running hot and has no heat. When replacing heater core I had to get one that was compatible for my car because a factory issued was unavailable. So alterations to heater core had to be done for it to fit. Would this be my over heating/no heat problem?
Old December 26th, 2022, 10:45 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

What alterations did you do?
Old December 27th, 2022, 8:20 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Chattanooga
After replacing thermostat, water pump, reservoir tank and cap, radiator and heater core the car is still running hot and has no heat. When replacing heater core I had to get one that was compatible for my car because a factory issued was unavailable. So alterations to heater core had to be done for it to fit. Would this be my over heating/no heat problem?
Why was the heater core replaced in the first place? Did you rule out a temp control actuator?
Old April 30th, 2024, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 Chevy Equinox over heats while idiling sometimes

Originally Posted by cramer
Hello, I got a 2007 equinox that is stumping me. At idle, heater blows cold, even when up to operating temp. Rev it up to 2500 rpm's, blows hot like normal. When driving, heats good, just coming to a stop, blows luke warm or cold.

Replaced the t-stat, water pump, flushed system, new head gasket 10,000 ago. Car has 130k. Any suggestions?????
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->
I have a 07 Equinox and it overheats while idling sometimes but as soon as I start moving the temp & gauge fall fast, i only have heat nevef had ac only 2 find while replacing radiator & thermo thats the AC condenser or compressor w.e 1 is literally connected to the radiator wasn't even hooked up bc it was broke. On my dash where the heat controls are therea a car with and arrow coming from outside pointing in that's always been stuck on no matter what I do but even after the new radiator I still didn't have heat, was told heater coreis clogged. I'm more concerned about the AC side bc I no that could be making my car run hot 2, I'm going to replace the ac condenser but from what I explained anyone have any suggestions as to y I have no ac ? TIA !!