Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 equinox no power to left front turn signal lamp

Search this Thread

Old October 12th, 2015, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 equinox no power to left front turn signal lamp

2007 Equinox. When I went to test the new, left front turn signal (amber) bulb after installation, I did not work. Working backwards with my meter, the bulb is good, socket wires are bright and not corroded and no signal power was detected. Looking at the engine bay fuse box found nothing blown. All the other (three) signal lights work. Am I missing something? It happened all of the sudden.
Old October 12th, 2015, 11:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ground is OK ?
The hot side goes thought the underhood fuse block. with the battery disconnected loosen the 3 7mm bolts on top of underhood fuse block and remove the fuse block from the wire harness connectors. Inspect for burnt terminals on both the fuse block and harness connectors.
Old October 13th, 2015, 7:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default Miraculous recovery

Went to continue diagnosing the no power condition on (only) the left front turn signal bulb. I was going to do exactly that - check the grounds, continuity, etc. - but when I turned on the ignition on and check it one more time, low and behold, it decided to start working. Go figure. I did nothing unusual to cause it and fundamentally nothing to fix it. Guess that corner was taking a time out! Everything's back together and operating normally. Case closed. Thanks.
Old October 13th, 2015, 7:56 AM
CF Beginner

Default Miraculous recovery

Went to continue diagnosing the no power condition on (only) the left front turn signal bulb. I was going to do exactly that - check the grounds, continuity, etc. - but when I turned on the ignition on and check it one more time, low and behold, it decided to start working. Go figure. I did nothing unusual to cause it and fundamentally nothing to fix it. Guess that corner was taking a time out! Everything's back together and operating normally. Case closed. Thanks.