Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Equinox, where is the starter?

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2011, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Equinox, where is the starter?

Traded our daughter a S2000 for her Equinox. Replaced the battery, ran great
went to start, turn key nothing, battery is good. She had the starter replaced before. Don't have a shop book, so where is the starter? Is this a common problem for Equinoxs?
Old June 10th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

psherlin,

Are you experiencing another issue with the starter? The starter is located on the bottom of the engine towards the front of the vehicle.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 10th, 2011, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

After changing the headlight bulbs and my daughter telling me the dealer wanted $800.00 to replace the starter, I thought I must have been hidden really well. I found it, took it off and it tested good. When I put the key in and turn it to the on position, lights come on, but when I turn the key to start, all the lights go out. There has been a "Service Security System" warning flash up once. I noticed that there is an inline fuse link at the starter.
Old June 10th, 2011, 3:21 PM
CF Active Member

First thing to check is your ground cable on the battery. If you have a loose connection either at the battery or on the block, you will experience these no start symptoms. Check the hot cable too for good connection. Sounds like the installer forgot to tighten them. Also look for corrosion on the cables. That's a major voltage killer.
Old June 10th, 2011, 3:39 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the information. I am getting a new ground cable. Now that the SUV is up and running I can take my Charger apart to get ready for the car show season. Will be doing things to the Equinox, like a turbo, lights, brakes, and new carpet.
Old June 10th, 2011, 10:39 PM
CF Active Member

Charger? As in Dodge Charger? I'm a Mopar man at heart and would love to hear about that Charger. Is it a hemi?
Old June 11th, 2011, 7:03 AM
CF Beginner

2006 Charger R/T, 5.7L, dual stage fuel pump, Zoomers exhaust, Real Ram Air hood, Halos everywhere, door pulls glow red, inside the hood scoop glows red, have a brake lock, tune from HHP

Old June 11th, 2011, 7:39 AM
CF Active Member

Man, I've got to wipe the drool off my keyboard! Count me as an envious admirer of that bad boy.
Old June 11th, 2011, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

A few more things I forgot, MOPAR performance TCM, HID fog lights, custom ported Throttle Body, MDS coil packs, and 450 HP to the rear wheels. IF I drive like an adult I get 20 mpg in the city, 2nd part of fuel pump kicks in at 3,500 rpm, and if I warm up the rear tires and then floor it, 4 mpg. By the way, I'm a rehabbed vet, was not a job for a handicapped me, so I chose Middle School teacher. Math and Science, easy choice, was an Engineer and Medic in Special Forces.
Old June 11th, 2011, 2:16 PM
CF Active Member

Thank you for your service to the greatest nation on Earth. I think you well deserve that Charger.

Quick Reply: 2007 Equinox, where is the starter?