Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2008 Chevy Equinox Brake Issues - Part "Discontinued" according to dealer

Search this Thread

Old December 25th, 2021, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Chevy Equinox Brake Issues - Part "Discontinued" according to dealer

2008 Chevy Equinox LT
Serious and sudden lose of breaks. Got it home and see brake fluid squirting out at every pedal push. It comes from right under the brake fluid tank from the hydraulic line that runs from ABS to master cylinder (rear?) I believe. I am trying to attach a picture I have of the line that I removed.

So now I'm at a loss here I've got to every part store scoured the internet and can't find the replacement. Hydraulic shop won't make me one because it's a liability. Local Chevy Parts Dealer said the part was discontinued and wasn't sure where I could get one. He said maybe Ebay??!! WTF??!! My cars not THAT old especially being well maintained. But I kinda need brakes you know?!

Has anyone else run into this issue??! Or any sort of an idea of where to find this? I've called local junk yards but either they won't sell the line ("liability") or the yank your own parts places don't have my year. I'm completely at a lose of what to do.

Last edited by MrsMellow; December 25th, 2021 at 7:29 PM. Reason: Add Picture
Old December 26th, 2021, 11:01 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Rock Auto has it. ACDELCO 25818924 $27.00
Old December 26th, 2021, 11:51 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by bearbait
Rock Auto has it. ACDELCO 25818924 $27.00
If you compare pictures you'll see that that's not the same brake line. They need p/n 25818925 which is the rear line as they suggested in their first post. I can confirm that this part number was discontinued in February 2021, but there should be plenty of them in junk yards. This same part is used in all 2007-2009 Chevy Equinox/Pontiac Torrent models.

I'm not surprised at all to see that this is discontinued. Unless it's a Sierra/Silverado truck, Corvette, or Camaro, the availability of many GM parts drops off sharply after a model is 10 years old. I agree that this is premature (especially for brake/fuel lines), but it's par for the course with regard to GM vehicles.
Old December 26th, 2021, 3:02 PM
CF Active Member

Looks pretty close to me. Wonder if it's possible to reconfigure it to fit!
Old December 26th, 2021, 3:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

the flex hose is irrelevant if its both parts are bolted to the unibody. if that is the case make it all from metal line. just don't run straight lines.
Old December 26th, 2021, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
the flex hose is irrelevant if its both parts are bolted to the unibody. if that is the case make it all from metal line. just don't run straight lines.
This in my thoughts at this point. If we can't find it I'll fab one but I'm not really trying to
Old December 26th, 2021, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ruley73
If you compare pictures you'll see that that's not the same brake line. They need p/n 25818925 which is the rear line as they suggested in their first post. I can confirm that this part number was discontinued in February 2021, but there should be plenty of them in junk yards. This same part is used in all 2007-2009 Chevy Equinox/Pontiac Torrent models.

I'm not surprised at all to see that this is discontinued. Unless it's a Sierra/Silverado truck, Corvette, or Camaro, the availability of many GM parts drops off sharply after a model is 10 years old. I agree that this is premature (especially for brake/fuel lines), but it's par for the course with regard to GM vehicles.
Thank you so much for the info!! I have been shocked this entire time that they discontinued the part with out some other alternative. It's not like it's a part for looks or convience. It's pretty much necessary to have brakes in any vehicle!! Hopefully I'll be able to either find an alternative or a local junk yard will have the part I can go take out myself.
I'll fab one if necessary but I wasn't trying to do all that do something that should be $20-$50 regularly!
Old December 27th, 2021, 9:54 AM
CF Active Member

Know what you mean. Tried to find front intermediate shaft and only 2 available in Chicago area. Getting harder to find parts for my 08 Nox.