Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2008 equinox door issues

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2015, 6:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 equinox door issues

First thing to happen was the front passenger door window quit working we checked the motor inside the door and it was fine. Now my front doors won't lock or unlock with either the fob or the button inside it has to be done manually. I read on a separate post about wiring being broke could that be the issue for both of these issues? One last thing the turn signals have started messing up the right won't turn off when you complete your turn and the left won't stay on at all. I love my car but in the last month it seems to have one thing after another
Old April 20th, 2015, 11:17 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same issue and shocked to see so many others, on other sites as well, having the same problem. All FOUR of my doors have stopped working to lock/unlock by remote. Even inside the car by manual. I have read other owners taking the door apart and finding exposed wires being the issue which is obviously a huge safety concern since it could present a fire. I can't believe there hasn't been a recall on this, the front passenger seat air bag sensor and window not working.
Old April 21st, 2015, 1:04 AM
CF Beginner

It could be a switch problem, you can check out this link to see how you can troubleshoot it. Seems it is one problem after the other, i'd seriously talk to my dealer to have it checked professionally.