Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2008 Equinox Radio Does Not Shut Off

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2015, 10:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Equinox Radio Does Not Shut Off

I have a 2008 Equinox and the radio does not turn off after the engine is turned off, keys pulled out and the drivers door is opened. I know from past experience when the engine is turned off and drivers door opened, the radio would turn off. Additionally, the dome light (which is positioned for the door) will not come on when the drivers door is opened. I checked all other doors and the dome light comes on each time one of the other doors is opened. This tells me the drivers door switch controlling the light and radio shut off is not working. The radio eventually turns off, controlled by the RAP (retained accessory power) relay, so I know that is working and saving my battery. My question is where is the door switch located? I am not finding the little plunger type switch in the door frame, is it located in the door handle? How easy is this to remove/replace? Any videos or drawings?