Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2009 Equinox Sport

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2010, 7:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Equinox Sport

I bought my 2009 Equinox Sport about a month ago and have a couple questions.

1) When the car is idle I hear a ticking sound at times coming from under the hood, it starts and stops without no real pattern. Ive tried turning off the heat and radio and still hear it. What can this be?

2) The car came with the factory installed remote starter. When I engage the remote starter and the heat **** is turned on, the heat isnt working while the remote starter is on. The heat only starts when I put the key in the ignition and turn it.

3) Also my driver side seat feels warm (i have powered seats) even though the heated seats are not turned on while remote starter is engaged. My question is will the leather seats be also warm come summer time?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 8:38 AM
CF Beginner

Can anyone help me?
Old March 4th, 2010, 1:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok as for ? #1 the ticking is probably a sticky lifer try either runnning a engine cleaner through it and maybe a heavier oil at the next oil change. #2 the reason the heat is not working is that it is not being powered i believe on that car you have to power both ignition wires and the accessory wires for the blower motor to work which is why when you turn the key you are powering that circuit and it starts working. #3 if the heated seats are on when you turn off the car they will turn on when you remote start the car and genuinely leather seats do tend to be a little warmer in the summer months then cloth
Old March 4th, 2010, 7:02 AM
CF Beginner

thanks for your responses

1)As for the ticking problem, when I take it to the dealership for an oilchange, since the car is under 10k miles would you think that they would take care of that problem?

2)Regarding that heat not working with remote starter, is that also something that was wired incorrectly and can be resolved by the dealer? By the way, this is also true of the radio also, if I leave it turned on when I take the key out of the ignition and remote start it afterwards, the radio doesnt come on until I actually put the key back into the ignition. Do you think the resolution is something different now?

3)Regarding the heated seats, even if I dont have the heated seats turned on when I turn the car off and remote start the car for example 6 hours later, the leather seats are still warm even though the switch for the leather seats is in the off position. Whats your take on this?

thanks
Angelo
Old March 5th, 2010, 10:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea they should just tell them about it and tell them you want it fixed

as for the heater yea it was wired wrong or is defective one of the two and if it is a factory starter they should be able to fix it for sure.

as far as the seats the remote start may be atied into the seats and activating them when you start the car even if it is turned off if that is true there should be a way to program them to be off
Old October 31st, 2012, 6:57 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Originally Posted by Angelo921
I bought my 2009 Equinox Sport about a month ago and have a couple questions.

1) When the car is idle I hear a ticking sound at times coming from under the hood, it starts and stops without no real pattern. Ive tried turning off the heat and radio and still hear it. What can this be?

2) The car came with the factory installed remote starter. When I engage the remote starter and the heat **** is turned on, the heat isnt working while the remote starter is on. The heat only starts when I put the key in the ignition and turn it.

3) Also my driver side seat feels warm (i have powered seats) even though the heated seats are not turned on while remote starter is engaged. My question is will the leather seats be also warm come summer time?
Good afternoon. I have this same truck. To address your questions point by point.
1.)The ticking is not sticking lifters. Your engine (3.6l) V6, directly injects the fuel into the combustion chambers and not into the air stream in the intake manifold. The ticking is the high pressure fuel pump.
2.) The heat will not come on until the engine reaches operating temperature (180F). Unless you have the fan motor set to a setting other than off the fan will not run. If the fan came on before the engine warmed up the engine would take longer to reach the 180F.
3.) The leather seats will automatically warm in the winter so that you will not sit in a cold leather seat. This system only comes on when the ambient temperature is low.
4.) The radio will not come on by design because the manufacturer assumes that since you are remote starting the truck you are not in the truck. The system is different than aftermarket remote starters.
I hope that you love this truck!
Medanic89
Old November 1st, 2012, 2:03 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Why revive a two and a half year-old thread? The OP only has 8 posts and is probably no longer an active member.