Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 equinox

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2016, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2010 equinox

Hello! I am new here and this is my first post.

History lesson on my experience with this POS equinox:

Got the thing January 30th 2015 and let me tell you i regret buying this thing every day.
A week after i bought the car the check engine light came on, contacted the dealership and "is it having problems?'' i said no it's just on. they told me its probably because its so cold out. (i live in michigan and at the time it was like -10 out) then the light went off a day later. a week later i was driving and i all of the sudden i can barely move even though im pressing the gas, it went into reduced engine power mode or something. took it in and they replaced the throttle body. few weeks later they had to repaid the solenoids? not sure if thats spelled right. a month or two later they had to replace the pistons. and NOW my engine light is on, no warranty, and when i start it up it rattles, sounds weird when i accelerate and sometimes not all when im breaking it makes a weird noise ( its not my breaks i literally replaced those a few weeks ago) i cant really describe the noise it makes when i break but its a weird noise that doenst last long but it makes the noise repeatedly until i come to a complete stop. My question is does anyone know what it can be from. i called GM to check on my warranty and its expired but they only thing left i can have replaced its the engine balance chain and fuel pump, does anyone know if that could be it? I really hope thats it because i dont have the money to fix anything im pretty much screwed
Old March 7th, 2016, 7:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default Well this sucks

No replies,
Originally Posted by Desireemorris90

Got the thing January 30th 2015 and let me tell you i regret buying this thing every day.
A week after i bought the car the check engine light came on, contacted the dealership and "is it having problems?'' i said no it's just on. they told me its probably because its so cold out. (i live in michigan and at the time it was like -10 out) then the light went off a day later. a week later i was driving and i all of the sudden i can barely move even though im pressing the gas, it went into reduced engine power mode or something. took it in and they replaced the throttle body. few weeks later they had to repaid the solenoids? not sure if thats spelled right. a month or two later they had to replace the pistons. and NOW my engine light is on, no warranty, and when i start it up it rattles, sounds weird when i accelerate and sometimes not all when im breaking it makes a weird noise ( its not my breaks i literally replaced those a few weeks ago) i cant really describe the noise it makes when i break but its a weird noise that doenst last long but it makes the noise repeatedly until i come to a complete stop. My question is does anyone know what it can be from. i called GM to check on my warranty and its expired but they only thing left i can have replaced its the engine balance chain and fuel pump, does anyone know if that could be it? I really hope thats it because i dont have the money to fix anything im pretty much screwed
Old March 7th, 2016, 8:52 PM
CF Veteran

im a little confused is the noise when you accelerate or brake? when was the last oil change and is it full?
Old March 7th, 2016, 10:56 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cleveland63b
im a little confused is the noise when you accelerate or brake? when was the last oil change and is it full?
Hello, it makes a rattling noise when I first start it up, when I accelerate and makes a weird noise when braking. Brakes, oil change, transmission flush was all done in February all less than a month ago. :/
Old March 10th, 2016, 8:35 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Desireemorris90

Hey Desireemorris90,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your Equinox and apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused. Have you had this current concern diagnosed by your local certified Chevrolet dealership? If not, I would be more than happy to reach out to your dealership on your behalf. If you would like to proceed, please send a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the name of your dealer. Please include any questions that you may have. I’m always happy to help.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care