Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 Equinox LS - Front Struts Replacement

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2020, 7:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Equinox LS - Front Struts Replacement

Hi!

I'm replacing quick ready front struts on my Equinox and I got the pre-assembled kit from NAPA.

The strut fits perfectly, but there is a small difference between this strut and the one I had originally and I'm not sure if it matters.
On the bottom of the strut, where the two bolts are, there is hole where the ABS sensor harness is screwed onto.
This is the part where the ABS sensor harness doesn't sit the same as on the original strut.
I can screw it in but there is small "lip" that is supposed to sit on the strut but with this one it can't...

Please see the pictures. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue. Is this OK or do I need to look for another strut...

Thanks!

Old June 27th, 2020, 12:30 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyhomie
Hi!

I'm replacing quick ready front struts on my Equinox and I got the pre-assembled kit from NAPA.

The strut fits perfectly, but there is a small difference between this strut and the one I had originally and I'm not sure if it matters.
On the bottom of the strut, where the two bolts are, there is hole where the ABS sensor harness is screwed onto.
This is the part where the ABS sensor harness doesn't sit the same as on the original strut.
I can screw it in but there is small "lip" that is supposed to sit on the strut but with this one it can't...

Please see the pictures. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue. Is this OK or do I need to look for another strut...

Thanks!

I encountered the same issue and had the same concern when I replaced the front struts on our Equinox years ago. As long as the bracket is still firmly attached with the screw, it's nothing to worry about.
Old June 27th, 2020, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ruley73
I encountered the same issue and had the same concern when I replaced the front struts on our Equinox years ago. As long as the bracket is still firmly attached with the screw, it's nothing to worry about.
Hey, that's great to hear that you haven't had any issues so far.