Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 Equinox Timing Chain and Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2014, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Equinox Timing Chain and Fuel Pump

had the nox in for the special warranty repair on the fuel pump and timing chains. I pick it up Thursday evening and by yesterday it was slugging and by today the timing chain is already has a high pitched whining sound and the RMP's are bouncing all over. Anyone experience the same issue after a new install?
Old September 16th, 2014, 6:05 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi nox10! Have you reached back out to your service writer to let them know about the re-emerging noise? Please keep in mind that repairs are warranted for up to 12 months. We can imagine how this must be frustrating and would be happy to reach out to your dealership to further discuss your situation. We're available via private message if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 19th, 2014, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I contacted the dealership (Jeff Wyler Eastgate - Cincinnati, OH) and they ignored my calls for a week. I even left messages that the manager says he never got and used their online forum chat and two people said they would leave messages for him to call me. Finally got through to him and he is making me wait another week to even "listen" to the suv. I'm pretty sure it's the HPFP as the RPM's are high, it whines and after warming up it has the same ticking sound as the other one did. I despise this dealership as I've had issues with them in the past fixing parts that weren't really fixed, I don't trust them and believe they sometimes rig parts or use old parts saying they used new ones. I'm not an idiot though and I know auto's very well so I KNOW the parts they "changed" are the issue. I'm sure they'll deny it is but the noise and RPM idling high was NOT there before I took it in.