Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2011 Chevy Equinox, sercice stabilitrack, won't start,Flashing electronics.

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2018, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Chevy Equinox, sercice stabilitrack, won't start,Flashing electronics.

I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox with 57000 miles on it. It wont start, every time I turn the key there's a click, all the light and air conditioner start to turn on and off repeatedly, and the center console reads "service stabili track". I've googled this for a while, and nothing I've seen matches what I'm experiencing. It was running fine the day before. What could it be? So I know what to hear from a mechanic.
Old August 29th, 2018, 12:39 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Rico215
I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox with 57000 miles on it. It wont start, every time I turn the key there's a click, all the light and air conditioner start to turn on and off repeatedly, and the center console reads "service stabili track". I've googled this for a while, and nothing I've seen matches what I'm experiencing. It was running fine the day before. What could it be? So I know what to hear from a mechanic.
It's most likely a simple bad battery, but could also be a bad alternator or bad connection at the battery terminals. Weird things happen when electronics fight for the remaining power of a low/dead battery. There are two other threads (see links below) within the last month with similar issues in which I suggested a bad battery or alternator was to blame. Unfortunately, the original poster of each thread hasn't followed up to confirm what their problem was.

After you get a proper diagnosis from your mechanic, please follow up so other folks can see what fixed the problem. This will help others looking for answers with a similar issue.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equ...t-start-91619/
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equ...equinox-91790/