Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2011 Equinox TPMS Pressures Blank after Relearn

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2023, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 Equinox TPMS Pressures Blank after Relearn

Had some tires replaced on my 2011 equinox and had them install ACDelco 13598771 sensors. Came out of the shop fine but after a day, tpms light came on. I have a relearn tool and put it into relearn mode. Prssures all came back. After dricing a bit, light on again and pressures blank. Its as if it does not save. I can keep relearning the sensors, but it doesn't stick. Tired of relearning them every day. Its communictaion and showing, but not saving.

Do I need to let the car sit or is there something I'm missing that the sensors don't save. Never seen this. Any ideas?
Old January 22nd, 2023, 1:29 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ajmboy
Had some tires replaced on my 2011 equinox and had them install ACDelco 13598771 sensors. Came out of the shop fine but after a day, tpms light came on. I have a relearn tool and put it into relearn mode. Prssures all came back. After dricing a bit, light on again and pressures blank. Its as if it does not save. I can keep relearning the sensors, but it doesn't stick. Tired of relearning them every day. Its communictaion and showing, but not saving.

Do I need to let the car sit or is there something I'm missing that the sensors don't save. Never seen this. Any ideas?
The wrong TPMS sensors were installed. That's not the correct part number for a 2011 Equinox. The corresponding old part number you need is 13598772 which has been replaced by 13540601.
The following users liked this post:
ajmboy (January 22nd, 2023)
Old January 22nd, 2023, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got them on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/195170985606 and the compatibility checker shows that they fit the YMM. Crazy that they connect but then lose the signal. I can relearn once a day (that gets old real fast) or replace these I guess.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 10:58 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ajmboy
Got them on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/195170985606 and the compatibility checker shows that they fit the YMM. Crazy that they connect but then lose the signal. I can relearn once a day (that gets old real fast) or replace these I guess.
Unfortunately, the accuracy of a compatibility checker like what eBay or Amazon use isn't very reliable. Your best bet is always to call a dealership and give them your VIN. If you know what you're doing, you can also lookup parts on rockauto.com and crosscheck parts of a different brand. Many aftermarket part listings on there provide the OEM part numbers they're intended to replace on the part info page.