Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2012 chevy equinox ac problem

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2014, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 chevy equinox ac problem

So my 2012 equinox that I just bought couple months ago came with a problem that carmax can't seem to fix. Every time the car gets wet from either car wash drive through, hand wash, and rain the ac stops working. Then on the radio/ac control unit displays -40 degrees when its 85 degrees outside. Later on last night I found a plug just hanging behind the front bumper and license plate. On the old equinox that area is where the ambient outside air temp sensor is located but im not sure on this model. Looked under to see where it could be connected by had no luck. The color of the wires to where the plug is disconnected are greenand white. Need to know if this may be the issue. Thnx
The following users liked this post:
paigejacobs_13@hotmail.com (June 9th, 2021)
Old May 15th, 2014, 3:20 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey jsowad,

I'm sorry to hear about this A/C concern in your Equinox. If you would like to take this into the dealership, and have this looked into, I would be happy to assist. Please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, contact info and a preferred dealership, so I can better assist? Thanks!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 9th, 2021, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My AC says -40 degrees when it’s burning up outside

Hi,
Si I’m wondering if this is a common thing and has an easy fix. The AC was fine and Then on the radio/ac control unit displays -40 degrees when its 85 degrees outside the “drive with caution roads may be icy” alarm came on then the AC started blowing really hot.

Old August 9th, 2021, 1:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paigejacobs_13@hotmail.com
Hi,
Si I’m wondering if this is a common thing and has an easy fix. The AC was fine and Then on the radio/ac control unit displays -40 degrees when its 85 degrees outside the “drive with caution roads may be icy” alarm came on then the AC started blowing really hot.
Did you ever get this figured out? Im having the same issue