Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2012 Equinox ABS?

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2015, 12:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Equinox ABS?

My car is at the dealership now, but since it won't do it for them, I'm wondering what to do next. My car will do the automatic braking when it's not necessary. It's getting worse and happens probably once a week. Lately, as it shuts down the stereo, sometimes my stereo won't come back on for hours. Not so worried about that, just wonder why even if they can't see it happening, they don't seem to understand what it is. After reading a few posts in here, it looks like I'm not alone in this problem. Has anyone had success with it being fixed? and if so, what was it?? I think they are giving it back to me today and I only have a few months left in my warranty.
Old March 11th, 2015, 6:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishEyes400
My car is at the dealership now, but since it won't do it for them, I'm wondering what to do next. My car will do the automatic braking when it's not necessary. It's getting worse and happens probably once a week. Lately, as it shuts down the stereo, sometimes my stereo won't come back on for hours. Not so worried about that, just wonder why even if they can't see it happening, they don't seem to understand what it is. After reading a few posts in here, it looks like I'm not alone in this problem. Has anyone had success with it being fixed? and if so, what was it?? I think they are giving it back to me today and I only have a few months left in my warranty.
Hello IrishEyes400,

My apologies to read about your concerns with automatic braking. I can absolutely understand that a concern that cannot be duplicated at the opportune time would be beyond frustrating. Please know that by not finding the exact cause of the problem through duplication (in some cases multiple times), a dealer can run the risk of not identifying the exact failure and having a resultant repeat issue. However, we will happily document that you're experiencing this without being able to get an official diagnosis of it. Moving forward, we'll do everything we can on our end to help if this should become frequently occurring, or otherwise escalates. Feel free to contact us privately anytime.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 12th, 2015, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

William R. - thanks for responding!!
I am happy to report that my dealership, although not able to fix it, has shown me how to disable this feature, which I'm very happy about! After they looked into it, apparently there have been a few complaints regarding random stopping incidents. They spoke with an engineer, and he said that the camera is so sensitive, that sometimes it will pick up on other things besides cars. There also are 3 control settings, setting distances, and mine was at the closest. Should have read a little further into my manual!! There are so many safety features though, I was not sure how to tell which was which! I can't say enough about how I was treated at AutoNation Chevrolet of Hollywood. Going in alone, I expected the worst, and was pleasantly surprised when they spent a good hour talking to me and showing me a few tips. You only hope you get this kind of care when you buy a new vehicle, and I will highly recommend this dealer!! Thanks again for taking the time to respond : ))
Old March 12th, 2015, 8:48 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishEyes400
William R. - thanks for responding!!
I am happy to report that my dealership, although not able to fix it, has shown me how to disable this feature, which I'm very happy about! After they looked into it, apparently there have been a few complaints regarding random stopping incidents. They spoke with an engineer, and he said that the camera is so sensitive, that sometimes it will pick up on other things besides cars. There also are 3 control settings, setting distances, and mine was at the closest. Should have read a little further into my manual!! There are so many safety features though, I was not sure how to tell which was which! I can't say enough about how I was treated at AutoNation Chevrolet of Hollywood. Going in alone, I expected the worst, and was pleasantly surprised when they spent a good hour talking to me and showing me a few tips. You only hope you get this kind of care when you buy a new vehicle, and I will highly recommend this dealer!! Thanks again for taking the time to respond : ))
IrishEyes400,

Thanks for following up. I'm very happy that you were able to get everything squared away with AutoNation Chevrolet of Hollywood regarding the ABS. It's pleasing to see the relationship you've established with them! Thanks again and please don't hesitate to contact us anytime with additional questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care