Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2012 Equinox infotainment issues

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2018, 7:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Equinox infotainment issues

Hey everyone;

Bought a used 2012 Equinox a couple months ago, and while I’m pretty happy with it, there are a few infotainment headaches that I’m hoping someone can help with. The manual didn’t have the answers I needed, unfortunately.

1. Biggest issue—I have an iPhone 6 connected to the car. I can MAKE calls just fine, but if someone calls ME, for some reason the car redirects the audio off my car to my phone. Aka they can hear me, but I can only hear them muffled talking from my phone. Is there a way to set the car to keep the audio ON THE CAR, as it does when I place a call myself?

2. Whenever I try to set my start up radio volume past 25, I’m told the “limit has been reached” and can’t set it higher. This is literally an exact medium volume and isn’t audible enough for my tastes at highway speeds. Is there no way to exceed this silly unnecessary limit?

3. Whenever I plug my phone in to charge directly from the USB port, my car attempts to start playing music from it. Is there a way to keep it from doing so automatically?