Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2012 Equinox leaky moonroof

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2020, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Equinox leaky moonroof

I have a 2012 Chevy equinox and the moonroof leaks from the passenger side. I watched a bunch of videos and posts online but everything people
say should be there is not on my car. I took the hardware off the roof panel to see the underside of the moonroof and I do not see any drainage tubes. Pulled the side panels off the passenger side and again no tubes. Is there
sone thing I am missing because I have been trying for weeks to figure this out. Thanks
Old February 29th, 2020, 1:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 660 Likes on 599 Posts

did you try a web search? These were the first search results for me ...

Old February 29th, 2020, 3:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I thought I put that in the post the videos that you posted and what I have seen do not match what my car has. For some reason I do not see any tubes coming from the moonroof on any side
Old February 29th, 2020, 6:42 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
did you try a web search? These were the first search results for me ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQAcPspFd_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG_pBZ58WWk
Both of these are for the older Chevy Equinox/Pontiac Torrent. The same advice is applicable, but the OP's vehicle will look different.

Originally Posted by phoj69
Yeah I thought I put that in the post the videos that you posted and what I have seen do not match what my car has. For some reason I do not see any tubes coming from the moonroof on any side
It's possible that your sunroof is aftermarket and the installer didn't install the drain tubes even though they are required. There's no such thing as a power sunroof that doesn't leak. They all have water mitigation (catch pans and drain tubes) specifically because of this. Webasto and ASC (American Sunroof Corporation) are the most popular aftermarket sunroof brands. An easy way to tell if your sunroof is aftermarket is to see if a brand is stamped on the underside of the glass in the rear section of the pane. Another way to tell is to look at the OEM sunroof switch and see if yours matches what you see and is in the same location.
Old October 25th, 2022, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Biggest piece of junk I ever bought!!

Equinox 2012 4 cylinder awd. Lt. what a piece of junk!!! Windshield wiper motor $400. Leak from roof. Who knows how much?? Brakes are ****. Exhaust system is ****. Columns on either side in front so damn wide they block my vision( outside mirrors are NOT electric either. AC super noisy😖back sets don’t fold FLAT why not????? Wish I never bought this garbage won’t ever buy Chevrolet again and this is my 4th Chevy car