Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2012 Equinox not sending air through front vents

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2017, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Equinox not sending air through front vents

We recently had below 0 freeze and now my front air vents aren't working. Air comes out the defrost vents the floor/feet vents. No matter which setting I put the air on, it just stays at these two places. Air get cold or hot, whichever I am needing and I can mess with the amount of air being sent with the control ***, it just won't come out the front vent, to get to my body first.

I am wondering if this would be an air filter issue, a fuse issue, or in fact a blower motor issue. It was acting fine up until this freeze happened.

It is a 2012 Equinox LT

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old January 3rd, 2017, 8:09 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by dgo03
We recently had below 0 freeze and now my front air vents aren't working. Air comes out the defrost vents the floor/feet vents. No matter which setting I put the air on, it just stays at these two places. Air get cold or hot, whichever I am needing and I can mess with the amount of air being sent with the control ***, it just won't come out the front vent, to get to my body first.

I am wondering if this would be an air filter issue, a fuse issue, or in fact a blower motor issue. It was acting fine up until this freeze happened.

It is a 2012 Equinox LT

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!!!
Replacing the cabin air filter won't hurt, and is probably a good idea if it's never been replaced before. However, you probably have a bad vent mode door actuator. An AC Delco replacement part from RockAuto.com (AC Delco p/n 25952814) costs about $25. I've never done it myself, but it looks fairly easy to replace. You just need to remove a couple parts of the instrument panel on the driver's side.I wouldn't think it would take much more than a couple hours to replace.

Last edited by ruley73; January 3rd, 2017 at 8:11 PM.
Old January 4th, 2017, 6:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much!