Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2013 Equinox Front brake issues.

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2022, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Equinox Front brake issues.

Hello, I have am having trouble finding a possible cause to why the front brakes on our Equinox keep going bad. This is the second time I have replaced pads and rotors in the last 4 years and already starting to have the same slight groan noise when braking at lower speeds. Also, the brake pressure while driving seems to be inconsistent. Before we replaced the pads and rotors the second time, the braking felt like a warped rotor. You would feel it more at slow speeds at first and as it got worse we would feel intense vibrations at higher speeds when using the brakes. So we assumed warped rotors. But the brake pressure feels like either it’s the rotor causing the pulsing feeling in the brakes. Cause the pulsing speed and intensity seems to correlate to the speed of the wheels. But what could cause the pads and rotors to keep going bad or cause bad braking? I have seen some advice on swapping the wheel hub assemblies. Any advice would be great as I would like to avoid swapping a bunch of front end parts blindly, hoping to find the problem. I have looked at the health of the calipers and they look to be in good shape, so does the caliper brackets too.