Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2013 equinox questions

Search this Thread

Old October 21st, 2021, 8:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2013 equinox questions

so i have a 2013 2.4 vvt torn down in my garage for the timing chain and water pump repair. this car belongs to my girl i have the parts for the timing chain and the water pump is about here, but she told me she uses a ton of oil. and the engine has some residue in the cam area. today i took off the intake cleaned it and i drilled out the pvc port that was gummed over. i also drilled straight thru so in the future i can remove the 4-40 screw i put in that hole to clean out the pvc hole. i looked at the valve stems and the intake are gummed up some but as bad as i have seen, plus the exhaust valve stems are all sooted over. anyway, as long as i have it down this far i figure taking off the head removing the ridge then pulling the pistons out homing the cylinder then putting in new rings and bearings if they look like they are needed will give her more time with this engine. it has 180k on it. i can also take the valves out and redo the seals and clean the gunk off the stems and if needed just lap the seats back in. but i need the torque speck for this engine for the heads and bearings. so does anyone happen to have them?

oh because i'm not going to bore the cylinders what would be a good ring set for this? years ago we used sealed power cast iron rings but who knows when gm used that did not work so well, but you guys may have found a better ring set for this job. thanks, bp