Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2014 1LT AWD 156,000 Miles... A Good Deal/Worth the Risk?

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2017, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2014 1LT AWD 156,000 Miles... A Good Deal/Worth the Risk?

I'm looking at a 2014 Equinox with 156,000 miles and meticulous maintenance records (according to the Carfax). It runs and drives fine and I'm looking to get it checked out by a mechanic. The asking price is $8,400.00. I believe it was bought at auction and my question is: Given the mileage, age and maintenance record, does this vehicle have a good chance of making it past 200k? The exterior has a few minor dings and the interior looks great. Also: Does anyone know what is due for service? I hear it will probably need a transmission flush and someone mentioned bushings or mounts that may be needing replacement (but I'm not sure if they're talking engine mounts or steering components)... Any comments would be appreciated. So far one guy told me to low-ball him and two other guys told me it's probably something I should walk away from but it's a one-owner, well maintained car and for me it's affordable (unless it dies in 2 months which would be a bad thing). I plan to call a dealership tomorrow to talk about an inspection... I want to base the purchase on the condition of the vehicle instead of what people think of the deal I'm getting. Thanks in advance.