Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2015 Equinox Front Fender Corrosion Issue

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2021, 8:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2015 Equinox Front Fender Corrosion Issue

Took my 2015 Equinox with 83,000 miles into dealer and put in a Customer Care concern for my front fender rusting through in front of the passenger door before my corrosion warranty (6 year warranty) was out in September. A different Customer representative called and said that the issue was escalated but the warranty is now out? I said it wasn't out when I documented the concern in September. So, the dealer said they would get hold of me after they review with the the Customer Care representative. Nothing in the last month. The Customer Care center says they are trying to get ahold of the dealer. The dealer took pictures of the concern. I actually had my other fender replaced a year ago for the same concern. Hopefully this issue will get resolved soon.
Old December 17th, 2021, 10:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they take care of the problem? To prevent the problem, clean out the leaves and debris that quickly build up. I do this twice a year. Pull the door jam insulation back, clean, and apply Fluid Film. I use that stuff on all rust locations, door weep holes, and underbody. Used by the Navy and John Deere to prevent rust.