Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2017 Equinox Premier knocking noise

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2019, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2017 Equinox Premier knocking noise

I have a 2017 Premier 66,000 miles all highway. I drive 90 miles a day to and from work and home and work is right off the highway. I have been getting a knocking/clunk noise when I make a left turn for a couple of months. The dealership has worked on the steering and brakes. Brought it back again and they told me I had a leaking strut, replaced both and the sway bar links. Picked it up, same problem, strut replacement didn't fix problem. They can't seem to pinpoint the problem. Told me possibly steering column issue (which they worked on a couple months ago), now saying possibly the a strut mount. I would think if they replaced booth struts they would check or replace the strut mounts? I feel as if they're just throwing stuff at a wall waiting for something to stick.
Old September 8th, 2019, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 07 Equinox and when I'm sitting at a stoplight I hear a similar knocking sounds. It sounds like it's coming from the rear right tire area, but not sure. It's been happening for 5+ years and it's inconsistent. Haven't had a check engine light or any other dashboard indicators come on regarding the issue.
Old September 20th, 2019, 5:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same noice

Originally Posted by nox2007problems
I have an 07 Equinox and when I'm sitting at a stoplight I hear a similar knocking sounds. It sounds like it's coming from the rear right tire area, but not sure. It's been happening for 5+ years and it's inconsistent. Haven't had a check engine light or any other dashboard indicators come on regarding the issue.
I have a 2015 and hear the same noise. Have you figured out what it could be?
Old September 20th, 2019, 6:39 PM
CF Beginner

Nope. I took the car in because an emission issue. Thankfully it ended up being a loose hose that they tightened. Asked them to figure out the sound and they weren't able to replicate it and told me not to worry about it.