Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2018 Equinox LT tire recommendation 225/65/17?

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2022, 2:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Equinox LT tire recommendation 225/65/17?

I gotta admit I'm lost with this. I know I want all season tires with long tread life and quiet. I went on tirerack but honeslty I learned not to trust reviews on the same website that's selling the tires. I figured I can get real recommendations from someone here. I appreciate the time. Thank you.
Old December 7th, 2022, 4:41 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnds1
I gotta admit I'm lost with this. I know I want all season tires with long tread life and quiet. I went on tirerack but honeslty I learned not to trust reviews on the same website that's selling the tires. I figured I can get real recommendations from someone here. I appreciate the time. Thank you.
That Equinox probably came with Michelin Premier LTX tires which are trash.

What I'd recommend ultimately depends on what you need for winter/snow traction. TireRack's reviews are actually pretty good. They track test multiple tires that are comparable to each other, and the reviews you see are submitted by customers and not provided by TireRack themselves.

For Michelin I recommend either the CrossClimate2 or the Defender 2. The former has better grip, but doesn't last as long as the latter. They're similar in price. A few other formidable choices are the Goodyear WeatherReady, Continental CrossContact LX25 (102H rated), or the Continental TrueContact Tour. If you're looking for a more budget-friendly all season tire I recommend the General Altimax RT45 (102H rated) or the BF Goodrich Advantage Control.
Old December 7th, 2022, 5:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ruley73
That Equinox probably came with Michelin Premier LTX tires which are trash.

What I'd recommend ultimately depends on what you need for winter/snow traction. TireRack's reviews are actually pretty good. They track test multiple tires that are comparable to each other, and the reviews you see are submitted by customers and not provided by TireRack themselves.

For Michelin I recommend either the CrossClimate2 or the Defender 2. The former has better grip, but doesn't last as long as the latter. They're similar in price. A few other formidable choices are the Goodyear WeatherReady, Continental CrossContact LX25 (102H rated), or the Continental TrueContact Tour. If you're looking for a more budget-friendly all season tire I recommend the General Altimax RT45 (102H rated) or the BF Goodrich Advantage Control.
Thank you for the advice. I was actually looking into the Defender2. Looks like the tread life is pretty great.
In the past, I never paid attention to mileage warranty. Have you? What do these warranties entail, if the tires wear to the point of replacement before the specified mileage? I think they say 80k mileage.

Last edited by Johnds1; December 7th, 2022 at 5:50 PM.