Equinox & Terrain These SUVs offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2019 Chevy equinox backup camera issue

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2019, 8:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Chevy equinox backup camera issue

I was driving a friends Equinox and when I put it in drive, the backup camera wouldnt go off. What would cause this to happen?
Old October 18th, 2019, 10:02 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Amanda Wells
I was driving a friends Equinox and when I put it in drive, the backup camera wouldnt go off. What would cause this to happen?
I am not very familiar with things such as backup camera's, for backing up so that one doesn't run over someone, or a pet, but whatever it is, it is operating the camera even forward. Heck, as many people who tailgate, I ran a camera to my back window that records tailgaters, of which it seems most people like to drive: right on my bumper, even if I go a little over the speed limit. I have a CDL to protect. Mine records, for insurance purposes, but I don't think the factory backup camera's do, so I can see your dilemma.

How miles are the on the vehicle? Since its a 2019, I would think it's on warranty, and the dealership should be liable to repair this issue. Has your friend mentioned this?